Safety First... Safety Always!
At Asplundh Canada, our number one value is the safety of our people. Simply stated, our safety policy is to provide each employee with a safe place to work, free from all recognized hazards.
Asplundh employees in the field receive on-going training through various safety initiatives. A network of corporate safety and regional safety personnel provide training to employees in the field and help to assure compliance with federal / provincial / local regulations and corporate policies. In addition to on-the-job training, our employees may receive more specific safety training such as:
- Defensive Drivers Training
- Work Zone Traffic Control
- Tree Felling
- Chain Saw Safety & Rigging
- Electrical Hazards Training
- Additional local training
Every employee, from a newly hired ground person to a top-level manager, must agree to be guided by the following principles:
- All injuries are preventable.
- No job or activity is worth risking injury.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Management is responsible for providing the environment for everyone to work safely.
- Each individual shares in the responsibility for the safety of themselves and others.
- We believe prevention of injuries is good business.
- We promote off-the-job safety for our employees.
- Safety is led by senior management, implemented by line management, with each level accountable to the one above and responsible for the one below.
- We design and integrate safety into our management decisions.
Standards, Certifications and Memberships:
Additional certifications in arboriculture and herbicide application are encouraged, helping to maintain the company's reputation for professionalism and safety. In addition, our employees receive more specific safety training courses, as required by our customers.